Membership of Raynet is open to all adults with an interest in radio communications and in supporting their community.
Members are often:-
- Amateur Radio Licence Holders
- Marine Band VHF Licence Holders
- PMR Users
- CB Users
- Ex Emergency Services and Ex Military people who wish to continue to serve their community
- Members and Ex Members of the Scout and Guide Associations
- People interested in radio – but potentially with no experience
- People who want to make a difference in their community
All of these people are welcome, regardless of experience or age. The only things you will need to bring is your enthusiasm, commitment and basic health and fitness.
No matter what skills and abilities you bring to the group, we will support and train you to achieve what you want within the group.
Some of the equipment we use requires the user to be licenced by Ofcom, however, there are many radios and tasks that do not require radio licences or experience, but for those that wish to become licenced we will support and help you to achieve your goal.
Membership is achieved through submitting an initial Membership Application followed by an informal meeting with two of our committee members to ensure that candidates understand what we do and what will be expected of them.
If you would like to join, or discuss potential membership with one of the team, please either download the application form, or send a message via the Contact Us page.